Spotify is one of the most prominent music streaming platforms covering individual, private music licensing. However, the firm just recently covered commercial licenses until recently. Now, Spotify has partnered with Swedish music streaming provider Soundtrack Your Brand to handle licenses through performance rights organizations (PROs), enabling businesses to use songs through a simple streaming service. Continue reading to learn more about Soundtrack Your Brand.
The Soundtrack Your Brand was established in 2013 by Swedish programmers who had previously worked for Spotify. Therefore the company's main premise is comparable. Spotify partnered with them to provide commercial subscribers with access to Spotify's vast music catalogue. The commercial option entails negotiating with performing rights organizations for various licensing. Sars and Liffgarden quit their jobs and launched Soundtrack Your Brand to provide a legal musical tool for restaurants, retail stores, hotels, and other physical enterprises.
They hired several Spotify employees to grow this new company similarly, but they also signed an agreement with Spotify to provide a significant portion of the funding. Soundtrack Your Brand has been misidentified as Spotify for Business in the community. However, it should be emphasized that Spotify has nothing to do with Soundtrack Your Brand and that the two services serve different purposes. The legal music sales market and this company have expanded in the past few years.
Soundtrack Your Brand
Soundtrack Your Brand is probably the best option in the market to put background streaming music in your business, either for its affordable price, for the possibility to synchronize with your Spotify account or for the wide variety of themes and connection and playback facilities it offers.
Its service is distinguished from its competitors by three fundamental business characteristics:
- Ease of account creation and use (we'll see this later).
- There are numerous songs available.
- Help and support in choosing the right type of song for each business and each business objective.
Individual consumer streaming services, such as Spotify, do not cover public performance licensing, which a business must purchase to use legally published music. Consumers have unprecedented access to music libraries containing thousands of musical artists and hundreds of musical genres. When listening to a particular song, it now takes a few minutes to search for the artist and play them on one of the dozens of available streaming services.
Unfortunately, this improved accessibility has led to the misuse of businesses that stream music. It is simple for an employee to plug a phone or MP3 player into a speaker; hence more small businesses are accidentally violating copyright laws because they need to pay for the correct rights for this type of performance.
Soundtrack Your Brand's charges, subscriptions, and licenses
As the demand for music streaming for business is so high, Soundtrack Your Brand already works with dozens of major companies, including IKEA and McDonald's. The company focuses on three fundamental tenets:
- Simple registration and account setup
- Approximately 58 million songs are in the library, giving users access to the catalogues of multiple PROs.
- Assist in identifying the ideal music to set the tone for each business
Soundtrack Your Brand also uses the latest digital tools and technologies, so your experience using the software constantly improves.
A simple action allows you to schedule music for different times and locations. An explicit lyrics filter means playing any song with no fear of offending a customer. Also, artificial intelligence systems can generate unique playlists based on your interests, business, and other variables.
Subscription Available With Soundtrack Your Brand
- Soundtrack Essential: It provides access to the full library of 58 million songs, music licenses for your business, custom A.I. stations, over 560 curated playlists, more than 7,000 possible artist stations, explicit lyrics filter, and drag-and-drop playlist scheduling, for about $47 per month, per location or “zone.”
- Soundtrack Unlimited: This subscription covers everything in Essential, plus the ability to make your unique playlists, edit existing playlists to customize them, and transfer your personal Spotify playlists to Soundtrack Your Brand for $67 per month per zone.
- Soundtrack Enterprise: This level includes everything from both Essential and Unlimited subscriptions, along with priority customer support, assisted onboarding, different billing options, and a dedicated account manager who can help you with any customizations or unique issues. Price can vary per business and add requested features.
Essential and Unlimited subscriptions are available for free 14-day trials with no credit card required. If you no longer require the service after that period, you may cancel at any point.
Each subscription corresponds to a single area, or “zone.” If you have numerous business locations, you can add zones to your account, so the site has its playlists, or you can arrange playlists for each location.
If you plan to use a music streaming service for at least a year, you can set your account to automatically renew each year, though you can cancel at any time. You will have access to your account until the end of the year, but you will not be charged for the following year.
Although Soundtrack Your Brand can assist your company with commercial music streaming, you cannot stream music or use specific songs for your online business. Soundtrack Your Brand specializes in physical locations; therefore, it does not offer commercial licenses for online storefronts or online videos.
Why should I use this service for my business?
Your company's success hinges on its products or services and the customer experience it provides.
As you may have observed, music plays a subtle but crucial role in providing a superior experience to all clients, regardless of location. What is its value?
- An extraordinary quantity and variety of songs.
- To be able to drag and drop playlists created on Spotify.
- Licensed for any enterprise.
- Automatic music updates to avoid saturation of customers and employees.
- No Internet connection is required to play music.
- To be able to schedule songs at specific times.
- Manage multiple locations using a single device.
In terms of the success of a physical business, background music is gaining importance alongside other factors, such as the predominant colours and smells of the establishments. However, the copyrights of most songs necessitate extreme caution when acquiring this type of music. Soundtrack Your Brand is likely the best option for putting background-streaming music in your business, either because of its affordable price, ability to sync with your Spotify account, or a wide range of themes and connection and playback capabilities. Individual consumer streaming services, such as Spotify, do not cover public performance licenses, which a business must pay to use legally published music.