How to Download Legal Background Music for Videos and Presentations
Video presentations are the perfect way of transmitting information at work or in an educational environment. You can also use a video presentation to share your best captured moments from your recent family vacation. However, if you want to create a professional video for any video or presentation, you must get the right background music!
Good background music will help set the tone and mood for your message and create the right atmosphere for your video or presentation. Here is a discussion on where to download legal background music for videos and presentations.
Top 3 Best Royalty-free Music Platforms
Numerous royalty-free music platforms offer a wide range of background music with different features. However, not all might be fit for your project and budget. Below are our top 3 best platforms for free background music downloads for videos and presentations.
1. Envato Elements
It's home to many creative digital assets, including soundtracks, images, videos, and templates. The platform is believed to host over 670,000 soundtracks. Despite the many tracks, it's easier to find your desired soundtrack thanks to classifying the audio files and the filter tool.
Unlike other platforms, Envato Elements allows visitors to pre-listen to the desired tracks and download watermarked versions for free. However, to use the soundtracks in your videos and presentations as background music, you must subscribe!
Other features include;
- The platform has over 38,000 video templates and over 50 million photos/images.
- You stand to enjoy unlimited downloads while the subscription is active.
- It offers 100% royalty-free material.
- Limitless use of your preferred background music for your corporate video and presentations.
- You can cancel the subscription plan anytime.
Besides all the perks of being an Envato Elements subscriber, the platform is one of the cheapest in the market. It will cost you about 14.50 € /month.
2. Epidemic Sound
Epidemic Sound has an extensive soundtrack catalog comprising over 100,000 songs and sound effects. The soundtracks are made by independent professionals, guaranteeing high-quality background music for your project.
Finding music on this platform is seamless; the site has a simple filter system and sub-filters that will save you time searching for a particular soundtrack. Use the filter tool to sort songs by Genres, Moods, Vocals, Duration and BPM.
What’s more? Epidemic Sound offers two unique tools that will give you unparalleled audio editing and searching;
- Stems: Use this tool to suppress unwanted certain sound elements in any soundtracks on the platform. With such a tool, you can customize the music track.
- Find Similar: Use this feature to search for soundtracks that are almost the same as the ones you’ve liked before. If you want to create a sound pattern in your presentation or video, use this tool.
Other admirable features of Epidemic Sound include;
- The platform updates its music and sound effects collections weekly. You are sure to get a new soundtrack each week.
- You have access to unlimited downloads, provided your subscription plan is active.
- It is compatible with any device; you can access the platform from a Tablet, Smartphone, PC, etc.
- Get access to 100% royalty-free original music.
- Offshoring allows you to use the music from wherever you’re.
- Offers the ability to monetize your videos and presentation on any social media platform.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time.
So, how much does Epidemic Sound cost? The platform has different subscription plans for every content creator;
- Personal Plan: It’s fitted for videos and presentation creators who create content for their use (not commercial). This plan costs about $15 monthly or $144 yearly.
- Commercial Plan: An ideal choice for freelancers and small firms that create videos and presentations for commercial purposes. The subscription fee is around $49 monthly or $299 annually.
- Enterprise Plan: This plan is suitable for media outlets and large companies. The price is on request.
Epidemic Sound offers a free 30-day trial period regardless of your subscription plan. With the trial version, you'll only pay for the plan if it meets your expectations.
Artlist is among the top attractive platforms for video creators and corporate giants like Nike, Coca-Cola, Google, and Netflix. One of the most admirable things about Artlist is the Universal License, which applies to almost every use. Whether creating personal videos as a hobby or having a channel with over 1,000 subscribers, this license protects you against copyright infringement claims.
The platform’s menu system offers easy access to its soundtrack collections. You can filter music, preview, share, save or download the watermarked audio file. However, for full benefits, choose either of its plans;
- Music Plan: This plan costs about $199 annually, which translates to $16.60 monthly.
- Sound Effects Plan: It costs $149 yearly
- Music + Sound Effects Plan: You will incur about $299 per annum.
All three plans have similar benefits, which include the following;
- Unlimited downloads.
- Universal license.
- Offers lifetime usage
- New music and sound effects are uploaded daily.
- Enjoy 2 months of free subscription.
Download Legal Background Music for Videos and Presentations for Free
Creative Commons licenses allow you to download and use the downloaded soundtracks as your background music for videos and presentations at no cost. Here are our top 5 platforms for downloading legal background music for free;
- Free Music Archive
- Fugue Music
Note: While the platforms above offer free music for download, there are options for subscribing to royalty-free music. When using the free music from Creative Commons licenses, ensure to credit the author of the soundtrack.
The free music option has several weaknesses, including;
- You cannot use background music in your commercial projects.
- Using free music in your content reduces the originality of your work. And this is because anyone can access the free music and use it in their other content.
- Songs under Creative Commons licenses are not for life. The author of the soundtrack can decide to stop sharing their work for free without issuing a notice. Such a move might bring any free music user legal infringement issues with the artist or recording label.
Good videos and presentations require background music to make the content exciting and memorable! Impress your audience by adding legal background music to your videos and presentations today!