Background Music For Theater Plays
Theatrical productions often struggle with the task of selecting and utilizing appropriate background music. Choosing the suitable musical genre for the project is only one of the numerous challenges individuals encounter while looking for the right background music. In this article, you will learn some top internet music distribution services for theatrical productions.
Getting royalty-free music for theater plays is an important part of any production. However, finding the right music and playing it to set the mood for a theatrical production is not as easy as it may seem. There are, however, several online platforms you can use to get a wide variety of production-ready background music for theater plays. You can find thousands of different styles, genres, and moods, all suited to the atmosphere of your play. This post goes through some popular online platforms you can use to get the perfect music for your theatrical performance. If this sounds interesting, read on!
Best Platforms To Get Background Music For Theaters
The right background music enhances the theater experience. If you are looking for a platform to get the best background music for your theater, you have come to the right place. The following are some of the best platforms available to provide you with the perfect background music for your theater.
Epidemic Sounds is the ideal site to get royalty-free music if you're seeking for the perfect soundtrack for your theater productions. Songs and sound effects from Epidemic Sounds' vast collection are copyright-free and available in any production. It has a musical selection includes more than 30,000 songs and 60,000 sound effects, and the number keeps growing. You may download as much music as you like from Epidemic Sounds as long as you have a membership, which is one of the site's wonderful benefits. Additionally, Epidemic Sounds is renowned for offering the finest value for money. If you want to pay monthly for the Personal Plan, Epidemic Sound will cost you $15 per month. If you choose to pay annually, the cost is $144. Commercial, the next tier up, costs $49 monthly or $299 annually.
The following are some of the benefits of using Epidemic Sounds:
- Wide variety of music genres: A large selection of musical styles, including pop, rock, jazz, classical, and more.
- Social media compatibility: The ability to use music from Epidemic Sounds on many social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitch, and TikTok.
- Flexible pricing: Offering multiple pricing options to meet the budget needs of any customer.
- Full range of support: Comprehensive technical assistance and royalty-free music licensing are available to users.
Artlist is the best place to hunt for songs to include in your theatrical productions. The music on Artlist is completely free to use in commercial projects. The search is quick and user-friendly, and the sound effects and music are high-quality. After signing up for Artlist, you'll get access to their whole repertoire of over 18,000 songs and be able to download an unlimited number of tracks. That said, you can discover an appropriate musical selection for your play regardless of its subject matter. Personal ($9.99/month), Individual ($16.60/month), and Enterprise (contact sales) are Artlist's three tiers of membership. With an Artlist Unlimited subscription, you may use any of the library's songs in any kind of media production, be it for profit or personal use, anywhere in the globe. Unlimited memberships are perpetual and always stay supplied. If you cancel your membership after downloading a song, you can still utilize the music in any subsequent projects.
The following are some of the benefits of using Artlist:
- Affordable: Artlist offers annual plans starting from only $9.99/month for music and sound effects, making it an excellent value for its quality content.
- Fast and efficient search: Artlist features an easy-to-use search function with powerful filtering options to find the perfect track for your project quickly.
- Many genres available: Artlist offers a wide variety of musical genres, including pop, rock, classical, jazz, and more.
- High-quality music: Artlist's library comprises high-quality tracks and sound effects that meet professional standards.
- Universal license: With Artlist you get one universal license that covers all the songs and sound effects you download, giving you peace of mind knowing that you can use them in any project.
- Keep downloads: Even if you end your subscription with Artlist, all the songs and sound effects you download are yours to keep.
- Fast-growing library: Artlist's library is growing rapidly, giving you access to new and interesting tracks.
How To Choose Music For Theater Plays
Now that you know the best platforms to get music for theater plays, it’s important to consider what type of music is best for your production. So, what music should you choose to accompany your theater play?
The best music for a theater play is music that is subtle but powerful enough to set the tone for the scene. The following are some ways you can use music in your theater plays.
- Between acts music: It can be used to give the viewer a chance to think on what they just saw, or it can be used to build anticipation and elicit strong feelings about what they are about to watch.
- Overture music: It prepares us for what we're about to observe by providing background knowledge. Details, including location, duration, and/or the people involved.
- Incidental music: It plays in sync with the scene's events. Its purpose is to draw attention to the current situation's actions and feelings while attempting to elicit an audience response.
- Final music: It's a crucial juncture whereby the score may effectively convey the work's overall mood and reveal crucial narrative details.
Pro Tip: Try to find pieces of music that have a flexible tempo, as it will make it easier to sync the music to the action on stage.
Finding the ideal ambiance of music for a theater production may be difficult. However, utilizing internet platforms like Artlist and Epidemic Sounds can be made simple and stress-free. These platforms provide a wide range of music that may be used to enhance the play's emotional impact. You may search for a sizable music collection as long as you have a membership to locate the ideal score for your show.