Adding a carefully selected background music track to your videos can make all the difference in capturing and retaining viewer attention while conveying your brand's message. In this post, we'll show you everything you need to know about selecting and using background music to elevate your LinkedIn videos and help them get noticed by all the right people. Let’s get started.
Are you tired of scrolling through your LinkedIn feed and seeing the same dull, lifeless videos? If you want to add a touch of professionalism to your content and make it stand out from the crowd. Well, we have just the solution for you: background music. Let’s explore why adding music to your LinkedIn videos is essential in today's digital landscape. We'll also provide tips on choosing the music that complements your content and engages your audience. Read on to learn more.
Benefits of Background Music for LinkedIn Videos
If you're looking to add background music to your LinkedIn videos, there are a few things you should consider.
- The music should be appropriate for the video's content.
- It should be non-distracting and help set the tone for the video.
- It should be timed correctly to avoid interfering with the video's audio.
Here are some of the benefits of adding background music to LinkedIn videos:
1. It can help engage viewers
2. It can set the tone for the video
3. It can add an element of professionalism
4. It can make the video more enjoyable to watch
5. It can help add production value to the video
Where can I find legal and safe music for LinkedIn?
A few options are available if you're looking for legal and safe music to use as background music for your LinkedIn videos. You can pay the high fees requested by the PROs (Performance Rights Organizations), use music under a Creative Commons license, or use public domain background music.
- Paying the high fees requested by the PROs is one way to ensure that you use legal and safe music for your LinkedIn videos. However, this option can be expensive, so it may not be feasible for everyone.
- Using music under a Creative Commons license is another option that can help you stay within the bounds of the law. With this option, you can generally use the music for free if you give credit to the artist. However, it's essential to ensure you read the fine print on any Creative Commons licenses before using them, as some may have restrictions on how they can be used.
- Also, using public domain background music is another option that can help you stay within the bounds of the law. Public domain music is generally free to use without restriction. However, it's essential to check with the source of the public domain music to ensure there are no restrictions on its use before using it in your LinkedIn videos.
Some reliable sources that are less expensive are:
Epidemic Sound has a large selection of high-quality, royalty-free music that is perfect for use in LinkedIn videos. The music is well-produced and suitable for video content, from corporate presentations to vlogs.
Epidemic sound offers personal, commercial, and enterprise plans, which cost $14 and $49 per month for personal and commercial plans, respectively. For the enterprise plan, you’ll have to request a quote.
There are several key advantages to using Epidemic Sound as your background music for LinkedIn videos.
- The music is completely royalty-free, so you don't have to worry about paying additional fees or licenses.
- The music is high-quality and professionally produced to add a polished, professional touch to your videos.
- Epidemic Sound has various genres and styles, so you'll find the perfect track for your specific video content.
Envato Elements is an excellent option if you're looking for background music for your LinkedIn videos. With over 1.5 million royalty-free tracks, finding the perfect music for your video is easy. And, with a $15/month subscription, you can download as many tracks as you need.
- Unlimited downloads
- Unlimited use of your video
- No copyright claims
- Unlimited access to the catalog
- Pre-listening option
If you're looking for some excellent background music for your LinkedIn videos, Artlist is an excellent option. With over 2,000 songs, something is bound to fit your video perfectly. Best of all, Artlist is royalty-free, so you can use the music in your videos without worrying about copyright issues.
Artlist offers a yearly payment of $199 which gives you benefits such as:
- Unlimited downloads
- Visible menus
- Straightforward filters
Reasons Why You Should Add Good Music to Your Corporate Videos
If you are looking to create a corporate video that is both professional and stylish, then adding good music is a must. You should add good music to your corporate videos for many reasons.
- Music can set the tone and mood of your video,
- It can also help to engage and captivate your audience.
- Good music can also help to make your video more memorable and impactful.
- Music can help give your video an edge over similar videos that may be lacking in this department.
- Good music can also assist in making your video more “shareable” on social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
How to choose the best background music for your videos on LinkedIn
When choosing background music for your LinkedIn videos, you should keep a few things in mind.
- The music should be appropriate for the video content. For example, if you're sharing a corporate video or product tutorial, you'll want to choose professional music that doesn't distract from the main message.
- The music should be catchy and memorable so that viewers will remember your video long after watching it.
- You should avoid using too forceful or aggressive music, which could turn off potential viewers.
- Ensuring that the music you choose is licensed for commercial videos is essential.
With these factors in mind, here are a few tips for choosing the best background music for your LinkedIn videos:
1. Consider the overall tone of your video.
2. Choose music that is catchy and memorable.
3. Make sure the music is licensed for commercial use.
4. Use royalty-free or stock music if possible.
5. Avoid using copyrighted material without permission.
Finding the right background music for LinkedIn videos can be challenging, but choosing music that fits your message and resonates with your viewers is essential. Music can connect us emotionally, so finding the perfect track for your video is worth finding.